To take part in the challenge, I sent off a picture of our first aid kit and Bausch and Lomb provided analysis of the contents with suggestions for improvements. As part of the challenge, Bausch and Lomb has also provided two top notch St. John Ambulance first aid kits stocke with Bausch and Lomb's Vidisan natural eye drop to relieve sore and irritated eyes. Enter at the end of this post!
Our current first aid kit looks something like this:
Before I even sent this picture off, I realised that our first aid kit was old... very very old. The Centimde minor antiseptic cream expired in 2009. Eek! Bausch and Lomb's experts gave some feedback too:
“It looks like you have a child or children in the house so try and keep a thermometer. Knowing your child’s temperature can be so useful if for example you need to call a doctor. And the plaster tape is so useful for keeping dressings in place, although if your skin is sensitive you might be better off having one the skin sensitive white light-weight tapes (e.g. Micropore). Some more plasters and dressings would be great too –for all the family. Maybe you keep painkillers somewhere else? Hopefully not in the bathroom cabinet! However, a paediatric and adult painkillers could be useful. And remember to check the dates on all your medicines and replace them when they go out of date. Think about your eyes too. An eye pad could be useful if you were to scratch your eye in the garden. Eyes are often troubled by dryness, soreness and irritation so consider an eye drop like Vidisan which you can keep handy in your first aid kit as it’s proven to calm and soothe irritated eyes from daily causes of irritations.”
I think it's time for a bit of a first aid kit overhaul! And we definitely need some eye drops, both husband and toddler girl suffer from hayfever at this time of year, and chlorine from swimming every weeks seems to irritate their eyes too. Both of them can often be seen rubbing away at their eyes - often making it much worse!
Vidisan is a natural eye drop to relieve sore and irritated eyes for the whole family. These eye drops ingredients to calm and soothe irritated eyes from the every day causes of irritation that happen to us all, young or old - wind, dust, pollution, cigarette smoke (blurgh), chlorine from swimming pools and pollen.
It's great that Vidisan can be used at any age, and it's suitable for both toddler girl and husband. We'll definitely be taking it on our next holiday, it's a great size for taking out and about and protecting from eye irritation in the pool and on the beach and will hopefully stop some of that eye rubbing.
Win your own St John Ambulance first aid kit
Here's your chance to win one of two brand new and top notch first aid kit from St John Ambulance and stocked with a bottle of Vidisan each. The first aid kit comes in a great strong portable carrier with reflective strip and contains the essentials for any household. It would be great to take on holiday or keep one in a house and one in a caravan. These are brand new, but don't forget (like me) to check use by dates regularly! You can read more about this ace first aid kit here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be resident in the UK to enter. Prize will be sent to a UK address.
- Competition runs from 15 August 2016 until 23:59 on 10th September 2016.
- Entry is via one and/or more of the methods in Rafflecopter widget.
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter. Winning entries will be checked and must be current at time of checking.
- There are two prizes and two winners will be chosen. Each prize is a St John Ambulance first aid kit with Vidisan bottle as pictured. There is no cash alternative. In the unlikely event that the prize becomes unavailable an alternative may be offered.
- The winner(s) will be contacted by email or on Twitter (if appropriate) by 17th September 2016 and asked to confirm their delivery address within 48 hours. If no reply is received, a new winner may be chosen.
- Winner's details will be handled by Me add three for the sole purpose of sending the prize.
- The winner's name, as registered when logged into Rafflecopter will be displayed after the end of the competition.
- Me add three’s decision is final.