I also have one weekend of work in October that takes a few days prep. So it feels like I haven't seen a great deal of the kids, this blog, the school gates or much of anything really. Always rushing, me!
Now that things are a bit quieter there's a few things I want to get sorted before Christmas, and I really hope in the next few weeks I can do this so that December is a nice relaxed month spending time getting in the festive spirit. I'd love to know if you plan to do anything too. In no particular order:
1. Appointments - we're so behind with appointments, dentist, optician and even parent's evening coming up. I will get these booked and sorted this month!
2. House and garden tidy - before all the new stuff arrives at Christmas, I need to clear out the clutter and make some space. Top of the list is a rather neglected looking garden and after that I will attack the kids' toys. I will!
3. Blogging - I'm trying hard to fit in keeping this blog updated at the moment, but I have a few posts backed up that I need to write and publish. Unbelievably about the summer! Stand by.
4. Shopping - I'm desperate for some new work clothes and the kids also need some bigger stuff. I'm not a big one for shopping, but I do need to spend half a day doing some very soon.
5. Seeing friends - there's a couple of lovely people I haven't seen for a while, so I will email them and get some time in the diary to catch up. Making time is hard, but so worth it.
7. Christmas countdown - last year I did a Christmas countdown linky on my blog that had lots of posts link up. I'm debating whether or not to start it again. What do you think?
8. The next thing. Tricky one this, but maybe there's another blog or something else in me.... I plan to give it some thought.