Toddler girl still has a lovely nap in the middle of the day. If I'm lucky, it's an hour and a half. On non-working days, this is the only time I get to myself all week!
Here are six ways I spend that time.
1. Sleep - sometimes I'm so desperate for sleep, that my bed is just irresistible. Even better if the sun's coming through the window and landing on my feet. I set the alarm so I wake up 10 minutes before toddler girl, just so I don't have to leap out of bed. Pure bliss.
2. Housework. Obviously the very least preferred option here, to be used only when you're at the very dregs of your clean clothes, wading through carpet fluff/crumbs and your sheets are practically standing up by themselves. Yes, when things get so bad around the house that even your husband is noticing, it's time to do a job or two.
3. Twitter. I wonder how many hours of my life have been spent engrossed in Twitter. I love getting a cup of tea, piece of cake and having some one to one time with my phone. On Twitter though, not that sort of time! Blog posts, gossip, competitions, or just those friend type people on my screen. I love it.
4. Sitting outside, sunbathing. This one doesn't work all year round, but with our recent run of good weather, I have been known to sit on our patio, sometimes even lying down on our patio. See points one and three above for how this time is spent. Top up your tan, and a vitamin D boost. Whatever gets you through I say.
5. Getting clean. Ever wonder how those beautifully manicured and made up Mums in the school playground do it? Yep, me too. Sometimes this is the only time of day I get to shower. But I can't dry my hair, because that would wake toddler girl. How to fill the air drying time? See point three above.
6. Blogging. Well this post is proof really, isn't it?
I'd love to know what six things you're thinking about this Saturday, please leave a comment.