- Old enough to understand when Mum says no, but not know why
- Big enough to know you need to get dressed, but with no choice on what to wear
- Enough experience to know the toy needs balls, but not know how to look for them
- The dexterity to 'finish off' brushing teeth, but not enough to brush them completely
- Old enough to know you want cuddling to sleep, but not realise that Mum has things to do
- Able to feed yourself, but have no choice about your meal
- Enough language to say 'help me' but not enough to explain the help you need
- The ability to communicate when you're unhappy, but only in kicks, screams and cries.
All this = massive frustration!
Welcome to the world of our toddler girl at the moment. Do you recognise any of these?