So I pulled out the boxes, and made a list of all the things I have so far.
For our six year old boy, this is:
- One racing Mini Scalextric (a very lucky competition win)
- A Hot Wheels racing battle case - he's big into Hot Wheels and I know he will love this. I paid about £12 from Wilkinson's.
- Assorted cars (can you see a theme here - he loves cars). There were half price and around £3 each in Sainsbury's a month or two ago.
- A spy pen from Avon, £5. He will love to write with invisible ink and see it with ultraviolet light in this bargain pen!
- A bath-time Thomas the Tank Engine clock, because he really needs to know how to tell the time! I got this from Boots and think it was a couple of pounds.
Toddler girl has fared less well so far!
- She will LOVE this Duplo train which had 75% off in Sainsbury's a month or so ago. It was a bargain at £5 and is perfect for her.
- The wooden sort and stack will be great for her too, and was in the same sale. I think it was only about £3.
So now all I need to do is think about how to fill the gaps. Any ideas very much appreciated - what do your little ones love to play with?