I couldn't wait to open it. A gorgeous box of premium hand made Serenata Chocolates - a 420g selection of English milk, white and dark chocolate.
Wow - I wasn't disappointed! This gorgeous packaging is perfectly suited for these premium chocolates. They come with a card which can be personalised and I love the tissue paper - it's a really nice touch.
The chocolate box packaging itself is thick, luxury card, tied with ribbon and with a tag showing 'an experience in chocolate' to build the anticipation. The reverse premium foil covered cardboard is a nice accent to the pink and purple of the box.
And now for the grand opening... 420g of English milk, white and dark chocolate buys you 30 of the most delicious looking, hand made and good sized chocolates I think I've ever seen:
These chocolates exactly fit the premium experience tag they come with.. they each come in their own case, with protective paper at the top and bottom of the box. The gorgeous flavours range from pecan and maple syrup, to pralines, with salted caramel, marzipan and passion fruit and even more gorgeous flavours thrown in for good measure. You get two of each flavour so you can share (if you want to ;-)).
The taste of these is divine; husband and I thought they were all wonderfully balanced. No sickly sweet sticky chocolate that needs a cup of tea to wash it down here. These really are delicate, balanced and refined. Two or three is enough to fully enjoy and savour the taste, if you can resist eating more... *ahem*.
"Go on, pass them over and let me try just one more.." Husband, 37
"No!" Me, 35
They are a massive cut above the high street average, and even the premium brands you get in supermarkets. I love that they're all English and hand made too, it really makes them feel extra special. They would make such a lovely gift for someone special as a thank you, get well soon or special occasion.
You can order these chocolates for £29.99 from Serenata Flowers. Delivery and a personalised message are free. I think this is a really fair price for such a luxury hand made gift the recipient won't forget in a hurry. You can visit the site to see these chocolates and more at http://www.serenataflowers.com/chocolate-gifts.
You could always treat yourself.... Go on, you know you deserve it.
And one of you lucky readers can win the same delicious box of English milk, dark and white chocolates, delivered directly from Serenata that I tried. I wish I could enter! Simply complete the Rafflecopter options below, and don't forget to tweet every day for even more entries.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be resident in the UK to enter. Prize will be shipped to a UK address.
- Competition runs from 8th May 2014 until 23:59 on 22nd May 2014.
- Entry is via one and/or more of the methods in Rafflecopter widget.
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter. Winning entries will be checked and must be current at time of checking.
- There is one prize. The prize is one 420g box of Serenata English milk, white and dark chocolates. Serenata may substitute for product of equal or greater value in the unlikely event the prize is unavailable. There is no cash alternative.
- The winner(s) will be contacted by email or on Twitter (if appropriate) by 25th May 2014 and asked to confirm their delivery address within 48 hours. If no reply is received, a new winner may be chosen.
- We'll do our utmost to get the prize to the winner within 14 days, but can’t guarantee it.
- The winner's name, as registered when logged into Rafflecopter will be displayed after the end of the competition.
- Judge’s decision is final.
Thank you Serenata for sending me this box of chocolates to try and review, and for providing the competition prize. All thoughts and words are my own.
Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com