I was looking for a helper to review these for my blog, and my son stepped up to the mark. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! So here he is with the contents of the bag:
21 fully formed chocolates, with three dark and 18 milk chocolates. In total in this bag there were five different varieties.
Now I've tried lots of chocolates before, and if I were a betting person, I'd say these were all Cadbury's chocolates. You can see from the picture that although these are whole chocolates, they're a little bit bashed here and there. It doesn't stop them being nice though!
The five varieties were as follows:
- Long dark chocolate - chewy toffee
- Long milk chocolate - chewy toffee
- Round milk chocolate - chewy caramel (a bit softer than the toffees)
- Round tall milk chocolate - soft caramel
- Oval milk chocolate - soft caramel with a nut in the centre.
I'm not sure I recognised any of them from Roses, or a similar Cadbury's selection, so I suspect they ended up in the misshapes bag because they were a trial run, or ended up with the wrong centres. Either way, they were all delicious and didn't last long in our house!
I've since bought another bag or two *ahem* of these, and although I've had the same chocolates, they have been in different quantities. One bag had 20 of the milk and dark chewy toffee chocolates, and that was all.
All in, these are great value and delicious. If you're looking for high end dinner party chocolates, these probably aren't going to cut it, but if you want something that's great value and chocolately as a treat or with a cup of tea then these are perfect. Our son loved them!
Ours came from our local Farmfoods store and were 89p - I have also seen them in Iceland and Poundland for £1 a bag.
Would you like to win two bags of these delicious chocolates? Complete the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win...
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be resident in the UK to enter. Prize will be shipped to a UK address.
- Competition runs from 26th March 2014 until 23:59 on 9th April 2014.
- Entry is via one and/or more of the methods in Rafflecopter widget.
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter. Winning entries will be checked and must be current at time of checking.
- There is one prize. The prize is two bags of Turner's Chocolate Assortments. There is no alternative.
- The winner(s) will be contacted by email or on Twitter (if appropriate) by 16th April and asked to confirm their delivery address within 48 hours. If no reply is received, a new winner may be chosen.
- I'll do my utmost to get the prize to the winner within seven days, but can’t guarantee it.
- Judge’s decision is final.