The potatoes take a while to cook, so it's perfect for the slow cooker and smells delicious when you get home from work. I make a decent size batch, and reheat what's not used the next day for an even easier meal.
Easy Spanish slow cooker patatas bravas
I use my standard sized slow cooker for this dish.
- One large white onion, cut into quarters and then sliced (I always used frozen)
- 1kg bag of new potatoes (I like Charlotte, but any will do), cut in half or decent bite sized chunks
- 3 tsp dried chilli flakes (we like it with a kick - scale down if you prefer)
- 2 tsp hot or smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Handful of chopped parsley if you have it (I didn't)
Put everything in the slow cooker, apart from the parsley, and give it a good stir.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 5-6 hours. Stir every now and then if you can.
When you're ready, remove from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon to drain off some of the tomato juice and serve. Sprinkle with parsley if you have it.
I'd love to hear if you make this recipe. Did it work for you?
Linking up with A Mummy Too for this recipe.